Henkel and OE-A launch an open innovation challenge for graduate and undergraduate students on Smart Living / Smart Mobility, using the Henkel Qhesive Solutions Sensor INKxperience Kit.
About the Student Open Innovation Challenge 2024
Graduate and undergraduate students are challenged to develop and prototype an innovative idea for a printed electronics application which solves a problem in the market of Smart Living and/or Smart Mobility using the Henkel Qhesive Solutions Sensor INKxperience Kit.
Step 1: Ideation Process
- Build a group with students (group size 3-5 max.) to take part in the Open Innovation Challenge
- From idea to concept: Conceptualize your idea
- Explain your concept to the jury by filling in the application form (ppt)
- Send the application form and the signed consents to OE-A, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: From Concept to Prototype/Demonstrator
- A jury of experts will rate all concepts and pick the 5 most promising concepts
- These 5 groups will be provided with the Henkel Qhesive Solutions Sensor INKxperience Kit to develop their demonstrator based on the concept they have delivered.
- Present your demonstrator in a virtual pitch to the jury
- Jury will award the best demonstrator
Step 3: Live at LOPEC 2024
- ALL demonstrators will be showcased at LOPEC 2024 in Munich (March 06-07)
- The winner team will be awarded during the LOPEC Award Show, Wednesday, March 06.
- Winner Team will present their demo at the OE-A Competition Web-Seminar in April 2024
For more information on the Student Open Innovation Challenge, please have a look at the General Information document.
- November 17, 2023: Submit application form (per student group) and the signed Image Material Agreement and Waiver and Terms and Conditions Agreement forms (individually by each of the student group members) email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dec 01, 2023: Student groups with best concepts will be notified
- Dec 11- Jan 31, 2024: Time span to work on prototypes
- Jan 31, 2024: Demonstrator/prototypes must be at Henkel
- Feb 13, 2024: Virtual pitch of the teams presenting their demonstrators/prototypes
- March 05-07, 2024: LOPEC in Munich
For detailed information please check the Terms and Conditions.