Printed batteries to power sensors for improved product logistics or cool-chain monitoring, RFID and NFC functionality to facilitate immediate cross-media interaction with the customer at the point of purchase or improved waste management – these are only a few applications that have already been enabled by printed electronics all along with innovative materials and processes. Organic and printed electronics is a revolutionary new type of electronics, being thin, lightweight, flexible, robust and produced at low cost. The high degree of freedom of design requires a holistic approach in product design to enable this wide range of novel applications.
On April 20 – 23, 2021, virtual.drupa – the world’s leading trade fair for printing technology – takes place as an online event. OE-A will represent the flexible and printed electronics industry by organizing two web-seminars free of charge at the drupa cube.
Presentations and recordings of the two OE-A Web-Seminars are available for OE-A members here.
Web-Seminar I ‘Printed Electronics to Unleash the Potential of Smart Packaging and IoT’
On Tuesday, April 20 from 15:10-15:50 h, OE-A members talk about the latest developments and applications of printed electronics for smart packaging solutions and IoT.
- Event: ‘Printed Electronics to unleash the potential of IoT and Smart Packaging’
- Date: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- Time: 15:10 – 15:50 (CEST)
- Welcome and Introduction
Dr. Klaus Hecker, Managing Director, OE-A
- What role can low cost electronics play in enabling the circular economy?
Dr. Alastair Hanlon, CCO, PragmatIC
- Make Your Printed Graphics the Interactive Interface to Smart Packaging and Every Day Objects
Tommy Höglund, VP Sales & Marketing, Ynvisible
- The next thin thing
Carolina Gioscio, Marketing Manager Sustainable Solutions, Evonik Creavis
Web-Seminar II ‘Printed Electronics – Materials and Processes’
On Wednesday, April 21 from 11:00-11:40 h, OE-A members will present their latest developments with regard to materials and processes and how they can enable a sustainable future.
- Event: ‘Printed Electronics – Materials and Processes’
- Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
- Time: 11:00 – 11:40 (CEST)
- Welcome and Introduction
Jan Krausmann, Project Manager, OE-A
- Conductive copper ink for additive electronics – sustainable circuit boards
Dr. Ofer Shochet, CEO and Founder, Copprint
- Upscale for Printed Electronics products by the Lab2Fab development process with the focus on digitalization and sustainability
Thomas Kolbusch, Vice President, Coatema Coating Machinery
OE-A virtual exhibition booth
Meet the OE-A at the virtual exhibition booth. OE-A offers many activities to further strengthen and develop the organic and printed electronics industry.
If you have any questions with regard to the content, please contact email@example.com