The Future Door Panel by CENTI is an innovative door panel, containing several technologies to give more comfort and experience to users, taking weight reduction, use of sustainable materials, and low energy consumption into account. The panel integrates different illumination systems, touch sensors, and haptic feedback devices through injection moulding, press covering, and lamination processes. Textile structures are under development, namely recycled PET based (artificial leather), to be combined with flexible smart devices produced through printed electronics, namely touch sensors and light and haptic feedback technologies.
- Develop a distinctive, innovative, and differentiating automotive door panel
- Create an intuitive human machine interface oriented to the end user
- Achieve a polymeric structure door panel with advanced interactive and decorative features, weight reduction of the global solution compared to the actual models
- Weight reduction
- Advanced interactive and decorative features
- Sustainable materials
- Enhancement of functionalities on polymeric components
- Allows incrementing of visual comfort (with light technologies) and touch comfort through the development of novel textiles structures.
Printed Electronics Components
- Printed conductive path
- Printed capacitive switch
- Printed sensor
- Printed electrode
- Printed electroluminescent display
- Printed piezo element